Friday, December 21, 2012

What to Expect

I finally got all of the test results back, and I got some great news!! Like I said last time I have Classical Hodgkin's Lymphoma, Nodular Sclerosis Sub-type. The great news is that I don't have any tumors below my diaphragm, so it's only Stage IIA, and the cancer is NOT in my bone marrow!! That was a huge concern of mine because I've heard there can be a lot of complications, treatment wise, (bone marrow transplants, stem cell treatments, etc.).

I was talking about all the tests with my brother, Kenny, and he mentioned that I should make a list of all the tests and appointments, so that you can have an idea what to expect. I figure the best way to do this is by listing them in chronological order.

11/29/12 - X-Ray - this is how they initially discovered the lymph node.
12/04/12 - CT Scan
12/05/12 - First appointment with Oncologist - LOTS of blood work
12/11/12 - Appointment with surgeon to discuss biopsy
12/13/12 - Biopsy (surgery)
12/14/12 - Bone Marrow Biopsy
12/18/12 - Pulmonary Function Test & PET Scan
12/19/12 - Echo-cardiogram
12/20/12 - Implant infusaport (surgery)
12/21/12 - Chemo Class

My Oncologist's R.N. called me Monday and said, "I have a list of your appointments for the week." I thought she was joking...haha. In all honesty it is good that they are aggressive, and don't want to wait around!

During the chemo class today I took A LOT of notes! There are so many things that you don't hear about "through the grapevine" about chemo. I know everyone's different, but I like to be prepared!! I should've been a Boy Scout...haha! I'm nervous, but ready to get the first treatment out of the way, so I know how my body will react to it. I have a full-time job and a part-time job, I have 2 small (very active) kids, and I'm studying for the CPA exam, so needless to say I need to know how to plan my life for the next 6 months while I'm doing treatments! No matter what lies ahead I know that when times get too hard He will carry me through it!!

In a completely different, and unexpected way, He provided for me again today!! To say the least He has put some very amazing, special, and compassionate people in my life over the past few years, and words literally cannot describe my appreciation for them!! I hope one day I have the ability to return the blessings or pass them on to someone else who needs them!! I cannot say enough how much I appreciate all they have done for me!! I know I'm being vague here, but it's for a reason. They know who they are, and I just want them to know how much I love them, and how grateful I am!!

So all in all today has been an awesome day! I know some would say yea, but you still have cancer...to that I say this. There will always be struggles, but in every struggle there is a blessing. You just have to find it! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment