Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Prayer Knots

Tonight my parents came over and ate dinner with us (sausage sliders - another super, awesome Pinterest recipe)! Rey used to complain about me being on Pinterest...then he realized how great it was...for his tummy! Haha!

Anyways, a friend Mom works with, Debbie Morris, had brought her a quilt to give to me today. It's beautiful, for so many reasons!

Thank you Debbie Morris and FUMC Graham, TX!

First and foremost, it's most beautiful because it is God working through the hearts of people I've never even met before. It's very moving that strangers took time out of their schedules to make something specifically for me. I cried. It touched my heart!

Second, each knot represents a prayer. They dedicated the quilt in front of the church, and each knot you see is a prayer someone said just for me. That's amazing!! Prayer is already such a beautiful thing, but the quilt gives it a physical reminder. Like every time I cuddle up in it, I'm being covered in prayer, and the love of those involved in making it...literally!

Prayer Knot

"Prayers & Squares" FUMC Graham, TX

It's also beautiful just because it's beautiful!

Bella and Timmy were super excited when they saw it too! I think they thought it was "theirs", and were a little disappointed when I told them it was for me. But, I told them I would share! :)

Thank you again to all that were involved in making the quilt and tying the prayer knots!! It meant so, so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment